Thursday 24 February 2011

Yorkshire Dales & Beyond

Yorkshire Moors

Just wanted to post a picture which I finished yesterday. Took the image late last year in the Yorkshire Dales.

I love the dramatic, moody lighting which for me captures the feeling of this bleak landscape in just the way I intended

I seem to have developed a theme of including birds in many of my B&W landscapes and my personal love of B&W landscapes seems to be growing ever stronger. Recent trips to the Cumbria side of Morecambe Bay have produced some really interesting images. All being well I should be getting round to post production on these in the next week or so.

As a strong contrast we have had some really nice sales from a series if images taken in Paris, way back in 2005. Here is one of my personal favourites from that particular set.

Paris

In contrast to the first image here for me the subject is the colour and texture of the wall and I just love the colour and tones in the wooden door. This has been a popular image for some time but has seen a big increase in print sales over the past month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment